Don’t begin your summer without a booked air conditioner tune-up from a Scott Temperature technician. We often forget about HVAC maintenance or never give it a sense of urgency, but annual air conditioner tune-ups can help your system run well, keeping you comfy and cool all season long. These routine services do more than just keep you comfortable, too – they are also critical for your comfort and wallet.
What do tune-ups do for my home?
- Ensure energy efficiency – Maintenance keep your air conditioner operating as usefully as possible, therefore keeping your home more comfortable. Air conditioners are investments that need to constantly be maintained, just like any other investment, to confirm that you are getting maximum benefits from it.
- Minimize need for repairs – These warmer months in Lawrence are the nastiest time for an air conditioner to stop working. With annual system maintenance, you won’t have to worry about failures or upkeep in the middle of the season. Our professionals can look for signs and indicate trouble for your air conditioner and caution you long before any problems arise.
- Lower expenses – When your air conditioner is running at its best, you could see a drop in your energy bills throughout the year.
What will take place during an air conditioner tune-up?
- Refrigerant charge check – Refrigerant levels need to be perfect for your air conditioner to be working correctly. Too little refrigerant can cause additional wear on your system, and too much refrigerant will change how your air cools. Technicians will always check these levels during an air conditioner service and adjust things accordingly.
- Filter status check – Air conditioner filters should be exchanged according to the manufacturer’s suggestions, so the cleanliness of your filters will always be inspected during a tune-up. Dirty filters cause your air conditioner to work harder than it needs to and can also force the air in your home to look and feel muddy.
- Coil check – Our professionals will inspect that no dust or other particles have accumulated on the outside or inside coils of your system. This dust can cause air conditioners to use more energy than required and is important to be cleaned.
- System Operating Check – Our experts will ensure that all operating parts of the air conditioner are functioning cohesively together.
Our professionals at Scott Temperature in Lawrence deliver top-notch and first-class air conditioner maintenance, whether it’s just a tune-up or a full-on replacement. They are ready to answer any questions you have about your air conditioner whenever you need them via 785-269-0465.