Make your life simpler—begin preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service call from your Scott Temperature pro each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and during the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your air conditioner, which can hamper airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter, be sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in major repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Scott Temperature service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Scott Temperature team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.