As warmer weather begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lawrence? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is recently installed or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your system checked annually by a Scott Temperature tech can help spot small issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little issues before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine components and complete a series of air conditioning performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into extensive problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Scott Temperature
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Scott Temperature pros a ring at 785-269-0465 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to check our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.