As spring begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lawrence? Especially if your cooling system is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Scott Temperature expert can help spot minor issues before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect within your unit can push it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create increased energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy expenses and over the long run, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine minor troubles before they turn into large, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely inspect parts and perform a cycle of AC performance verifications. These in-depth processes often allow us to identify problems before they become major troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is well-prepared to give worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your unit is vulnerable to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing spots and pieces:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Now with Scott Temperature
This week is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Scott Temperature pros a ring at 785-269-0465 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your home, be sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.