When it’s chilly in Lawrence you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Scott Temperature.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could signal a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your home.
4. Your utility bill keeps growing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps growing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Scott Temperature will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.