During the cooler Lawrence months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Scott Temperature will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Scott Temperature as soon as possible if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Scott Temperature can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Scott Temperature at 785-269-0465 or book an appointment with us online.