Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Lawrence season, have the specialists at Scott Temperature complete your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Scott Temperature today at 785-269-0465.