You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Scott Temperature have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the new temperature, try changing it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Scott Temperature technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 785-269-0465.